About The Welcome Project
Founded in 1987, The Welcome Project (TWP) is a community-based organization at the Mystic River
Development, the city’s largest public housing development. TWP builds the collective power of immigrants to
participate in and shape community decisions through programming for youth and adults that develops
leadership skills, builds civic engagement, and strengthens immigrant voices. Our presence and sustainability is
important, not only for the direct services we provide that meet immigrants’ immediate survival needs—ESOL
classes, leadership and youth development programs,—but also for the resources we offer through our many
community partnerships with nonprofits, advocacy groups, and public schools.
We are looking for a reliable Office Administrator. They will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of
the staff has adequate support to work efficiently. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and
working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy. The office administrator ensures
smooth running of our company’s offices and contributes in driving sustainable growth.
● Organize and schedule meetings and events
● Carry out clerical duties, including answering phones, responding to emails and preparing documents
● Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
● Compile financial documents and records when necessary
● Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
● Support TWP staff and programming
● Performing other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Interim Co-Executive Directors
[Part-Time (Hourly)] Hourly Rate: 20-25
The Office Administrator will be required to work in the office in person at least 1-2 days per week.
● Bicultural/bilingual experience – Language fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Haitian Creole preferred
● Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
● Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Self-starter and can work independently
● Familiarity with office management procedures in a non-profit organization
● Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Zoom and Google Suite
● Familiarity with various office management software (Paychex, Quickbooks etc.)
Level of English Required: Advanced/Fluent
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. If you have any
questions, please call The Welcome Project at 617-623-6633.