About the Harvard University IT (HUIT) Summer Tech Program
HUIT designs, builds, runs and supports IT services, operations and systems for Harvard University. We are seeking an individual to support Harvard’s IT Academy, a series of instructor-led courses for Harvard IT staff, and to contribute to team deliverables serving faculty, staff and students. As a member of HUIT, you will gain professional experience and practical knowledge of departmental technologies. You can look forward to working in a dynamic, inclusive, and challenging work environment while building skills.
As an IT Associate, you will work 35 hours per week (typically 9:00-5:00 with a one-hour, unpaid lunch break), for 8-12 weeks during the summer, and will be paid at an hourly rate of $25. Your work will be primarily remote with the exception of on-campus events and activities. Flexibility to respond to on-campus needs is required.
As a Training Coordinator, you will work closely with the Sr. Program Manager and the course facilitators to produce instructor-led courses and self-paced activities for Harvard IT Staff.
Responsibilities may include:
• Administration of class registration, reporting, and notifications in staff learning management system
• Administration of profiles, matches, and data in the Chronus mentoring software
• Create and update program surveys in Qualtrics and pull reports on the data
• Set up of on-site classes (materials, catering, checking in with class facilitators)
• Coordinate vendor delivered technical training as needed
• Update/edit PowerPoint training materials
• Learner support
• Assist with other projects or tasks as required
Our Recruiting Process
During an initial phone interview, we will discuss the project and your qualifications. Upon selection, you will be invited to a virtual interview where you will have the opportunity to discuss your interests and qualifications with HUIT managers and staff.
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to delivering service and technological solutions in support of teaching, learning, research and administration. Our mission is to make it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you have a foundation and interest in IT, and are nimble, user-focused, accountable and understand the importance of collaborating well in a team environment, we are looking for you!
Harvard University welcomes individuals with disabilities to apply for positions and participate in its programs and activities. If you would like to request accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided, please let your recruiter know.
All candidates must have current authorization to work in the United States. Please note, a key objective of this summer tech program is to identify strong candidates for long-term employment and Harvard will not sponsor employment visas to work in the United States.
Required qualifications for all positions:
• A foundation and interest in IT and/or learning and development
• Initiative and demonstrated ability to be self-directed
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong desire to collaborate and be a contributing team member
• Proficiency with MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, SharePoint, Powerpoint, Outlook
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/NaE61LT7dnVGaimRysAb4z
[Full-Time (Hourly)] Hourly Rate: 24.99-25
Level of English Required:
How to Apply:
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/NaE61LT7dnVGaimRysAb4z