Associate Dean for Student Affairs – Harvard Graduate School of Design
Job Summary :
The GSD seeks an experienced and forward-thinking leader with demonstrated success in higher education administration to serve as the Associate Dean for Student Affairs. Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, the successful candidate will provide leadership for integrated delivery of Student and Enrollment Services and provides supervision to the directors overseeing these functions. The Associate Dean will serve in a key leadership role in high-level planning on matters pertaining to student body composition, admissions practices and results, financial services delivery, career planning and services, and admissions. This includes developing and implementing strategies for building and supporting a student body that is excellent and diverse across multiple departments and programs.
Position Description :
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean and working closely with the Dean, leads the Office of Student Affairs, including Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, Career Services, and Student Support Services, supporting approximately 950 students.
• Provides direction for and fosters collaboration amongst these areas to support academic goals and ensure that incoming and current student needs are met.
• Provides leadership and develops a strategic vision that contributes to continuous improvement, innovative solutions, planning efforts, and other departmental initiatives.
• Works closely with the Dean, the administrative leadership council, and faculty across the School to further develop strategies and programs that will position the School to attract and retain highly qualified students and ensure GSD’s place as a leader in the field of design.
• Develops strategy to ensure that belonging and inclusion efforts are infused in all aspects of the student experience within the GSD and attends to the issues of intersectionality within and among GSD students.
• Plays a key role in reviewing and establishing policies and processes as they relate to Student Affairs.
• Maintains and ensures compliance with School, University, and Federal rules and guidelines.
• Serves on School and University-wide committees and works on special projects as needed. Serves as a member of the GSD’s Administrative Leadership Council, and as a member of the University’s Council of Deans of Student Services (CODOS) leadership group.
• Oversees the department budget.
Supervises 4 direct reports including several director level positions.
Basic Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree; minimum 10 years of job-related experience; previous experience working in higher education; experience in student affairs and supervising staff required.
Additional Qualifications and Skills :
Advanced degree preferred; demonstrated expertise in one area of student and enrollment services; knowledge of student personnel issues, including matters pertaining to Title IX preferred; demonstrated excellence in leadership, team building, motivating and supervising staff; excellent communication (verbal/written/ presentation); strategic planning and negotiation skills; experience with diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging programming and facilitation; demonstrated ability to make hard decisions as well as forge strong working relationships with a variety of constituencies; ability to work both collaboratively and independently, with a creative approach to problem solving and demonstrated success in dealing appropriately and effectively with individuals at all levels of an institution and from a wide array of countries and cultures; excellent management skills and a proven ability to lead and mentor staff across functional areas and to develop and implement strategic goals; strong analytical skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
Harvard University continues to place the highest priority on the health, safety and wellbeing of its faculty, staff, and students, as well as the wider community. Please note that all new employees will be required to provide confirmation of primary series COVID-19 vaccination upon hire, as detailed on our COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Webpage. Harvard University Health Services employees and other health care individuals are also required to be up to date on vaccination as described by the CDC. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. Additional information regarding this requirement, exemptions, verification of vaccination status, and other related policies and resources may be found on the University’s COVID-19 Information Website.
[Full-Time (Salaried)] Salary Range: 140000-180000
Working Conditions :
This position will be based in Cambridge, MA. Flexible work options for this role will be discussed during the interview process.
Physical Requirements :
Position involves frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Level of English Required: Advanced/Fluent
How to Apply: