We created the Social Equity Campaign to ensure that Somerville remains accessible and equitable as the City is transformed by rapid development. A donation to our Social Equity Campaign through the state’s Community Investment Tax Credit (CITC) program provides flexible capital to seed new programs, fill funding gaps and leverage other resources. Your CITC investment helps:
- Increase housing equity and affordability through our unique and growing 100 Homes program.
- Connect local job seekers with quality training programs and good jobs as new industries revitalize the economy.
- Counter years of unjust economic policies by providing financial literacy and economic opportunity programming to help people build wealth and find financial stability.
- Empower local tenants to realize their strength through organizing and workshops like the Know Your Rights campaign.
What Are the Benefits of Donating Through CITC?
- CITC eligible donations receive a 50% tax refund, effectively doubling your impact
- Individuals, corporations and nonprofits can take advantage of the tax credit anywhere in the United States – tell your friends!
While supporting SCC’s community-led development initiatives, you also receive 50% of your donation back in tax credit if you contribute at least $1,000. If a donor does not have sufficient tax liability, the credit is refundable and the Commonwealth will issue a check for the balance of the credit to the donor.
So if you donate $1000, SCC receives $1000, and you get $500 back. It’s a powerful way to magnify your impact.
Join the Campaign
For information on how CITC applies to SCC, how to invest in Somerville, and how to start receiving tax breaks, please contact Lizzie Devane at 978.807.9190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please notify Lizzie Devane at email@example.com that you will be making a Community Investment Tax Credit (CITC) donation, and make sure SCC has your name, address and email address.
Making Your Donation
Please make your check out to Somerville Community Corporation.
Drop it by or mail it to our offices at:
Somerville Community Corporation, CITC
337 Somerville Ave., 2nd Floor
Somerville, MA 02143
Online: You can donate online at GiveLively
Thank you for helping SCC build a strong, sustainable, and equitable Somerville through your CITC donation.