Quiz: How Much Do You Know About Affordable Housing?
As the national affordable housing crisis continues, organizations like SCC working together with their communities and municipal leaders are confronting the challenge head-on.
1. Extremely low-income renter households, defined as those with incomes under 30% of the area median income, make up what percentage of renters in the U.S.?
2. The U.S. has a shortage of _______ affordable and available rental homes for extremely low-income renter households.
A. 1.4 million
B. 4.4 million
C. 7.4 million
3. There are _______ affordable and available rental homes for every 100 extremely low-income renter households.
4. What percentage of renters earn less than $20K/year?
5. What can affordable housing projects do for the local community?
A. promote educational attainment
B. increase employment opportunities
C. improve urban blight
D. all of the above
6. Which of the following groups’ involvement is needed to help solve the affordable housing crisis?
C. federal agencies & programs
D. local communities & neighborhoods
E. all of the above
ANSWER KEY: 1.B 2.C 3.B 4.C 5.D 6.E