SCC is Hiring
TITLE: Asset Building Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Asset Building
Summary: This Asset Building Specialist is responsible for supporting the Asset Building team with data-keeping, class management, client intake, one-on-one counseling education, and additional support as needed.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
▪ Serve as the primary presenter in First-Time Homebuyer Seminars and Financial Literacy Classes held in the evenings.
▪ Maintain the schedule and organize all logistics and materials for classes.
▪ Track participant FTHB course completion and follow up.
▪ Provides community outreach and recruitment for potential Asset Building program participants in Somerville and its surrounding areas, including the development of social media, flyers, tabling, and by visiting other organizations and programs.
▪ Facilitates “Welcome Sessions” for new program participants in person or virtually.
▪ Conducts intake sessions with new program participants.
▪ Conducts one-on-one financial and career coaching, including the establishment of individual plans and working with program participants to act on those plans, as well as referrals to wrap-around support services, with a total of caseload of 50 clients per year.
▪ Facilitates training (e.g., household budgeting, credit repair).
▪ Data entry (case management notes and client outcomes) for the member’s case load in Salesforce.
▪ Assists with social media exposure for SCC’s Asset Building Team on social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) with management approval.
▪ Participating in training sessions to develop the skills needed to perform the above responsibilities.
▪ Fosters and maintains professional and positive communications and working relationships with residents, vendors, contractors, lenders, city staff, and other partners.
▪ Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills and fosters strong working relationships and is adept at interacting with diverse groups of people.
▪ Excellent verbal and written English communication and presentation skills focused on low and moderate income adults.
▪ Maintains a professional, positive manner and appearance.
▪ Responsible to perform all duties safely and in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of SCC.
▪ Responsible to report all accidents/incidents (e.g., motor vehicle, customer, employee) to the necessary personnel (e.g., Legal Compliance Officer, CEO, and President).
▪ Adhere to all applicable department, production, and company-related operational, safety, and human resources policies and procedures.
▪ Complies with all federal, state, and local laws.
▪ Work toward continuous quality improvement
▪ Stay current with changing technology, including software and SCC programs.
▪ Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
▪ Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
▪ Excellent working knowledge of computer systems including MS Office Suites with advanced knowledge of Excel. Working knowledge of salesforce is a plus.
▪ Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
▪ Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
▪ Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
▪ Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Haitian Creole a plus.
▪ Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
▪ Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
▪ Experience or training in one or more aspects of household finances.
▪ Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
▪ Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
▪ HUD Homebuyer Counseling Certificate is a requirement.
Please email Renee at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
SCC is an equal opportunity employer