Working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Special Projects, the Small Business Liaison, and the Program Manager, the Team Support Lead will support operations and administration functions that enable USMS to achieve its mission.
This is an exciting time to work in the vibrant, diverse, and collaborative community of Union Square. The Team Support Lead is a rewarding role that offers the chance to refine or showcase skills and gain experience in nonprofit operations within the economic empowerment sector. The candidate we seek will have a high degree of personal and professional integrity and a strong desire to excel while working in a small, mission-driven team with a big agenda.
Administrative Support – Responsible for providing general administrative support as needed, including but not limited to:
– Lead maintenance of Network For Good donor CRM
– Maintain organizational files and documents
– Perform basic bookkeeping tasks
– Support Executive Director and Accountant in preparation of monthly financials
– Support member/donor communications and grant reports
– Process membership renewals and maintain member roster
– Support USMS’ electronic newsletter production
– Purchase office supplies and keep supplies stocked and organized
– Support fulfilling merchandise orders
– Additional duties as directed by the Executive Director or Director of Special Projects
Meetings + Special Events
– Enable meeting logistics such as coordinating refreshments and maintaining RSVP lists at monthly Business Meetings and Board Meetings and others as needed
– Take minutes at the monthly Business Meeting
– Coordinate volunteers at select USMS events, including the What the Fluff? Festival
– Assist with coordination of pre and post event logistics, including coordinating event and calendar listings, and compiling sponsor reports
[Part-Time (Hourly)] Hourly Rate: 17-17
This is a hybrid position requiring some in office hours and the availability to work some evenings and weekends related to special events or projects. A schedule which provides the opportunity for some flexibly will be determined upon hiring.
– A strong desire to work in a small team with a big agenda
– A high degree of personal and professional integrity
– Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
– Strong communications skills
– Aptitude for problem solving and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
– Available to work some evenings and weekends related to special events or projects
– Physical demands include moving about the district frequently, lifting up to 50lbs occasionally, pushing, pulling, and carrying as needed to prep for meetings and events
– Network For Good or other CRM experience
– Google Drive, Quickbooks, Trello, email marketing, and other web-based applications experience
– Spanish or Portuguese language skills a plus
– A love of Union Square and mission-driven work
Level of English Required: Advanced/Fluent
How to Apply:
Cover letters or “cover letter videos of interest” and resumes sent to email@example.com will be accepted through 11:59pm on June 17, 2022, although interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates as they are received. We are eager to begin working with our new team member!
We can’t wait to meet you!