COMPANY OVERVIEW: Green City Growers is an employee owned, certified BCorp. We are the premier urban farming company based in Somerville, Massachusetts. We transform any space into thriving urban farms, providing schools, homeowners, restaurants, businesses, and communities with immediate access to nutritious food, while revitalizing city landscapes and inspiring sustainability. Our clients include schools, corporate campuses supermarkets, restaurants, private residences, and sporting venues. This is an exciting opportunity to join strong team in a quickly growing company that is dedicated to developing sustainable onsite food production systems in the Northeast and beyond.
JOB OVERVIEW: Green City Growers, or GCG, is growing and is looking to hire a crew member for the installations team. This is a perfect position for someone who is hard working, enjoys working outside and physical. This position offers the opportunity for growth and is great for someone to work together with a strong team of friendly, motivated and professional craftspeople to install all kinds of onsite food production systems from raised beds to rooftop farms. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hands-on team in a growing company that is dedicated to helping bring sustainable food production into Boston and beyond.
· BUILDS-INSTALLS: Assist in builds and installs of all GCG products. Work with the team to meet schedule and comply with quality standards. Follow safety procedures and maintain a safe and organized working environment
· CUSTOMER SERVICE: Maintain a professional and courteous manner with co-workers, customers and others
· SITE & FACILITIES: Help to maintain organize and clean vehicles, shop, and job site. Perform necessary cleanup, upkeep and other tasks when required
· COMMUNICATIONS: Report all questions, concerns, and pertinent information to manager. Provide customer and participant feedback as needed for internal continual improvement processes.
· Strong time management, communication & organizational abilities, the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
· Flexible schedule — some weekend days may be required, occasionally days run long
· Active Driver’s License. Following a conditional offer of employment, GCG requires motor vehicle record checks and a clean driving record. An applicant for employment will not be hired if they do not have a clean driving record.
Medical, dental, and life insurance for employees, spouses, and children
401(k) retirement plan with 4% employer matching contribution
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Discretionary bonus program
Green City Growers does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Paid jury and witness duty leave, paid bereavement leave, paid sick leave.
Pay: $19.00 – $22.00
Paid time off
10 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Following CDC Guidelines
Landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 2 candidates for this role
[Part-Time (Hourly)] Hourly Rate: 19-22
Seasonal – Now through December. Flexible schedule -Monday through Friday – some weekend days may be required.
Comfortable working outside in varying weather conditions and noisy/dirty, construction environments.
Ability to lift 50lbs.
Competent in basic hand tool use (saws, shovels, drill, etc.). Construction and/or landscaping experience. Know how to act responsibly around power tools, heavy equipment and busy job sites.
Strong work ethic, positive attitude, punctual and a high level of professionalism. Organized, attention to detail with a demonstrated commitment to high quality work.
Flexible schedule – some weekend days may be required. Occasionally days run long.
Level of English Required: Advanced/Fluent
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Landscape Gardening crew. Please outline your experience and desire to be a part of our team. Please no calls or emails other than to this address.