TITLE: First Source Career Coach
DEPARTMENT: First Source
Summary: The Career Coach will work directly with job seekers to provide soft skills training and access to other SCC programming, including financial literacy, leadership development, and one-on-one coaching from job search through post-placement. The Career Coach will work with the SCC team, including staff across the organization and community members to align program delivery with an evolving, shared vision.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
▪ Coach participants of the First Source Job Readiness Program to establish individual career plans and provide pre- and post-placement guidance.
▪ Facilitating direct job readiness training (e.g., resume writing, interview preparation, workplace communication, etc.) for job preparation, both individually and in workshops at SCC and at other community organizations.
▪ Conduct Job searches.
▪ Make referrals to other programs and services as appropriate.
▪ Data input, management, and assessment.
▪ Assist in meeting internal and external reporting requirements.
▪ Recruitment and outreach to various audiences along career preparation continuum (job seekers, trainers, employers).
▪ Program design and evaluation with team of staff and community members.
▪ Assist with the creation and improvement of job readiness curricula.
▪ Assist in creating partnerships with organizations that align with First Source services.
▪ Community outreach to include meeting with local business owners to recruit as Employer Partners.
▪ Works remotely in different areas of Somerville to allow greater access of our services to the community we serve.
▪ Participate in coalitions that help to advance the First Source Jobs Program’s vision for economic opportunity.
▪ Ensure individual dashboard KPI requirements are met.
▪ Foster and maintain communication and working relationships with Management, employees, residents, vendors, contractors, lenders, city staff, and other partners.
▪ Understanding the cycle of poverty in the United States as it relates to employment barriers.
▪ Proven ability to work effectively with people of diverse social, economic, and professional backgrounds.
▪ Maintains a professional, positive manner and appearance at all times.
▪ Responsible to perform all duties safely and in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of Somerville Community Corporation (SCC).
▪ Responsible to report all accidents/incidents (e.g., motor vehicle, customer, employee) to the necessary personnel (e.g., Chief Executive Officer).
▪ Adhere to all applicable department, production, and company related operational, safety, and human resources policies and procedures.
▪ Complies with all federal, state, and local laws, including employment-related laws.
▪ Work toward continuous quality improvement.
▪ Stay current with changing technology, including software and SCC programs.
▪ Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
▪ High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
▪ Computer literate in social media, intermediate or advanced Microsoft Office suite, and standard database systems. Working knowledge of salesforce is a plus.
▪ Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
▪ Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
▪ Ability to fluently speak, read, and write in English, Haitian Creole, Spanish, Portuguese, or Mandarin required.
▪ Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
▪ Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
▪ Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
▪ Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Please send resume and cover letter to Renee at email@example.com
SCC is an equal opportunity employer