Bank Teller- Full-Time – Winter Hill Bank
This position performs a variety of customer service and related duties to provide service to the Bank’s customers in conformance with established Bank policies and operating procedures.
• Organize work station for day’s activities, e.g., inventory and request cash as needed; verify cash upon receipt; obtain necessary forms and other supplies.
• Process a variety of customer transactions, e.g., deposits, withdrawals, mortgage payments etc. Cash checks within limits of established policy, verify amount,
examine checks for endorsement and verify signatures and customer balances.
• Enter customers’ transactions into computer to record transactions and issue computer generated receipts.
• Place holds on accounts for various reasons such as uncollected funds, out of state checks, etc.
• Sell money orders, treasurer’s checks, gift checks and other bank related products. Process various payments.
• Balance transactions and cash upon completion of assigned shift by comparing totaled amounts with data recorded on computer. Perform “after-hours” work, e.g.,
reconciling bank checks, money orders etc. and scanning daily work and Bank documents as needed.
• Perform related customer service duties as requested. Discuss Bank Products and Services that will benefit the individual customer’s needs and respond to their
inquiries. Refer problems or concerns to supervisor for further action as needed.
• May perform a variety of related clerical and/or support functions as assigned, i.e., routine correspondence, filing, typing, maintenance of records, data entry, back
up to CSR where applicable and safe deposit box.
• May provide assistance to Management Staff as needed.
• May verify miscellaneous reports regarding customer accounts.
• May provide services at drive-up window or branch offices as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience working with customers.
• Organizational and exceptional customer service skills required.
• Excellent communication, typing and computer skills
• Ability to utilize various types of office equipment
These job descriptions are not contracts for employment. The tasks stated are the general and ordinary duties of the positions and may be subject to change at any time due to business needs, staffing issues, banking requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons. From time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to your job description, may be assigned and, therefore, required and nothing in these job descriptions restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to these jobs at any time.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors (if applicable); work independently and as a team while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations and act in the Bank’s best interests.
Bank Secrecy Act:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies and procedures.
All personal and financial customer information will be maintained in compliance with laws and regulations designed to secure that privacy. It is expected that all bank employees will comply with the policies and procedures the bank has in place or face discipline up to and including termination of employment.
The Bank offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package for full time employees, which includes Medical, Health Reimbursement Arrangement, Flexible Spending Account, Dental, Life, Disability, Retirement, a 401(k) plan and Continuing Education Reimbursement. For more information about Winter Hill Bank please visit our website at www.winterhillbank.com.
Winter Hill Bank is an equal opportunity employer where job applicants will be treated fairly without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and national origin.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans.
[Full-Time (Hourly)] Hourly Rate: 17.5-0
Full-Time Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Davis Square, 5 Cutter Avenue. Somerville, MA 02144
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to sit, bend, walk, talk, hear, pull, push, may be required to lift up to 20 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel.
Level of English Required: Advanced/Fluent
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should forward their resume to:
Winter Hill Bank
371 Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02144
Attention: Christina O’Kane
Fax number (617) 629-3327